Monday, March 28, 2011

authentic swedish tosca cake









Anytime I see a recipe that contains the word authentic I want to try it. I'm so glad I tried this recipe! I love the almond flavor and I enjoyed watching my daughter sink her teeth into a slice right after she came home and threw her backpack on the floor. I witnessed her big blue eyes close as she hummed,"Mmmmmm".

authentic swedish tosca cake (blog: Cucina di Harwood)
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup milk
1 2/3 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract

Cream eggs and sugar for 5 minutes at medium speed in a mixer or with a hand held mixer. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder. Add butter, milk, and flour mixture to egg mixture. Add each one individually and quickly mix them together. (If you mix the melted butter and the milk at the same time, it will make your butter harden.) Once all added, blend for 2 minutes. Pour into a 9x9 or 11x7 greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

glaze

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 1/2 ounces chopped almonds
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Melt butter in saucepan; add milk, sugar, flour and almonds. Boil for 2 minutes- begin timing about as soon as you see bubbles. If you let it boil too long, it may make it stiff and could burn. Spread over cake; put under the broiler in the oven until it has a light brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment